Wow--- have you noticed all the gluten and dairy free Easter basket treat ideas over the past few years? We've never seen so many choices before.
In other words I've had fun shopping online and in local grocery stores for the best Easter basket treat ideas.
Gluten and Dairy Free Easter Basket Ideas
Reminder- always check ingredients labels!
- Milk Chocolate-Like Bunny--from No Whey (free of the 8 common allergies). Jake the Milkless Bunny is nostalgic of the chocolate bunnies we received as a kid in our own Easter basket. The milk chocolate bunnies are large and hollow just like you'd find when browsing the isles of the grocery store. Our kids have enjoyed these the past few years. You can even buy the top 8 free White Chocolate Bunny called Cottontail!
- Mini Cream vEGGs-- from No Whey and free of the 8 common allergies. These cream filled vegan eggs are mouthwatering. Seriously I am not exaggerating-- you need these too, they're not just for kids! You can purchase them from their website or off Amazon here.
- Enjoy Life Chocolate bars-- 3 varieties are rice milk, dark chocolate, and rice milk crunch
- Enjoy Life Easter Chocolate Mini variety pack (great and free of top allergens)
- Red Licorice Scottie Dogs from Mom's Place Gluten Free. My family loves these cute little licorice Scottie dogs! Purchase on their website or off of Amazon here.
Even more ideas
- Sour Gummy Rabbits from Mom's Place Gluten Free. These make an awesome addition to any Easter basket.
- Packaged Gum Balls-- Tree Hugger Variety Pack of Bubble Gum available here on Amazon. Another kid-approved classic that is also tree nut free and vegan.
- Honey Sticks-- my kids absolutely enjoy every drop of these little treats. They're the perfect on-the-go snack too. I buy them in bulk on Amazon here.
- Peeps--while these are gluten and dairy free, they may come into contact with it in the manufacturing process. See their allergen statement here.
- Hu Kitchen Chocolate Bars-- these decadent bars are pricey, however perfect for a teen or adult Easter basket
- Amanda's Own Confections also has several Easter Basket Treat Ideas. They are worth checking out online.
add don't forget about these allergy free candy options
- Mike and Ike's-- there may be gluten cross contamination during manufacturing review their allergen statement here
- Sour Patch Kids-- keep in mind there may be a risk of gluten cross contamination during manufacturing
- Starburst-- always consider the possibility of cross contamination
- Swedish Fish-- consider the risk of cross contamination in the manufacturing process
- Lastly, keep in mind No Whey also has chocolate lollipops, more bunnies creations, and other Easter related chocolates available on their website and on Amazon. You'll definitely want to snoop around their website for other holiday and every day treats. I highly recommend this allergen friendly brand!
Pro Tip: We like to pick up a bunch of the Easter candy after it goes on sale to use for different things throughout the year. We just remove the Easter packaging so nobody knows the wiser!
Homemade recipes to add to your Allergen Friendly Easter Baskets
- DIY Easter Peanut Butter Eggs (ditch the Reese's Eggs that can't be guaranteed) make your own allergen friendly yummy's and be the parent of the year. This dairy free chocolate treat is still delicious even if you aren't a parent of a child, great for bigs kids of all ages and adults LOVE them too!
- Homemade Hershey's Kisses- Ditch the dairy ridden ones and make your own dairy free homemade kisses with our easy recipe
- We are working on a dairy free chocolate bunny lollipop recipe too. We are hoping to get this out to you before Easter so you can add it to your themed Easter Baskets.
the perfect Easter day recipes
- veggie pasta salad-- combine fresh veggies, gluten free pasta noodles, and tangy Italian dressing for a budget friendly side dish
- homemade mashed potatoes-- here is the creamiest dairy free mashed potato recipe for your Easter dinner
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake-- enjoy a burst of Spring in this fun Easter Sunday cake
- chocolate bundt cake-- this easy recipe is decadent and oh so moist. Family and friends won't even guess it's gluten and dairy free.
- DIY Reese's peanut butter cups-- stop drooling over these at the grocery store and make your own safe eggs at home
- chocolate cream pie-- this reader favorite recipe is a must-have on the dessert table
As you can see this post is filled with delicious Easter basket treat ideas that the kids can enjoy while hunting for Easter eggs.
AND each suggestion is not only gluten and dairy free, but you'll notice many are also soy, egg, and nut/peanut free too.
You will find the links you need to order these straight to your home! It really doesn't get any easier or tastier than that.
Snag a copy of our cookbook to add to your own Easter Basket! Grab your copy below!