One of the easiest and yet most delicious Valentine's Day treat ideas are Oreo sandwich cookies dipped valentines. You can quickly melt the dairy free chocolate and have a festive treat ready for your child or their school classmates in minutes. You'll want to pin this kid-approved Chocolate Dipped Oreos recipe now.
The biggest reason I like making this recipe -- my kids get really involved. What kid doesn't love helping out in the kitchen? And make no mistake about it... this is the perfect recipe for any age.
If your littles are too young to dip the Oreos into the melted chocolate, then they can always sprinkle the cookies at the end. My kids are at the age they can safely dip the Oreos.
So then it will come as no surprise they beg for more and more cookies to dip. These Oreo dipped valentines are a win for everyone.
oreo dipped valentine recipe notes
- dairy free chocolate morsels such as: Enjoy Life (semi-sweet, dark) or Simply Delicious (semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or white)
- coconut oil, omit if you need to be free from
- gluten and dairy free Oreo sandwich cookies like Glutino (super stuffed chocolate, vanilla creme) or KinniToos (chocolate, vanilla). Both brands produce a good quality cookie for these treats. KinniToos has a wonderful free-from page found here. Their products are manufactured in a facility free from gluten, dairy, peanuts, nuts, and soy.
- Valentine's sprinkles, for a safe option click here.
more gluten + dairy free valentine treats
- heart peanut butter blossom cookies; these are a family favorite. They turn out perfect every single time. Definitely pin this.
- chocolate covered peanut butter hearts; wow are these addictive! Perfect for valentine treats.
- DIY chocolate kisses -- yes, make your OWN safe "Hershey" kisses at home.
- heart-shaped peanut butter cookies-- transform transform traditional peanut butter cookies into a classic heart with this guide and recipe
Your kids will love dipping and eating these gluten and dairy free Oreo dipped valentines -- you too! This is the easiest "homemade" recipe. Only a few ingredients are keeping you from enjoying a festive Valentine's.
Please do me a favor. If you're sharing one of my recipes on the 'gram, please tag me with #eatingglutenanddairyfree. I love seeing your food pics.
Let me know in the comments which brand of the Oreo sandwich cookies you used in this recipe.
Eat well and feel well,
Oreo Dipped Valentines
- ½ c dairy free morsels semi-sweet, dark, or white chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil omit if this recipe needs to be coconut free
- 1 box gluten and dairy free oreo sandwich cookies check the post for brand recommendations
- Valentine sprinkles
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the dairy free morsels and coconut oil in the microwave or over the stove top on low heat, stirring often.
- Once melted dip gluten and dairy free Oreo sandwich cookies in halfway. Transfer to parchment and place sprinkles on chocolate before it hardens.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to a few days. These look festive in cellophane bags tied with ribbon too.