This easy to make veggie pasta salad is loaded with fresh flavor and tangy Italian dressing.
It’s the perfect side dish that’s also budget friendly for your next holiday, cookout, baby shower, or work potluck. This is always a winning recipe for your family and friends.
Keep in mind this veggie pasta salad goes with about any main dish and other sides… grilled hamburgers, shish kabobs, creamy coleslaw, baked beans, and hot dogs.
Growing up I always loved a good veggie pasta salad in the summertime. Surprisingly I was never served it the same way twice. This side dish is that versatile.
veggie pasta salad recipe tips
- gluten free pasta brand suggestions— in this recipe I use the Jovial brand pasta noodle. Others have had success with the Tinyada and Barilla brands too.
- Italian dairy free salad dressing— for this recipe I prefer Primal Kitchen Italian dressing. However, use your favorite.
- consider other add-ins— carrots, corn, bacon bits, pepperoni, or even dairy free Parmesan cheese
- and this recipe can easily be made into an individual portion for your work lunch.
- lastly keep in mind this gluten free pasta salad tastes best the day it’s made. After this sets for awhile it will tend to get mushy. For that reason I always suggest serving this recipe the same day you make it. You can always prep and dice the veggies a day or two before if needed to save time.
more gluten + dairy free meal ideas
- lemon poppy seed bread— with a fresh lemon drizzle makes this bread delicious
- homemade calzones— you will swoon over these handheld calzones filled with your favorite pizza toppings
- oven roasted salmon— plan to add this moist, flaky, caramelized oven roasted recipe to your meal menu
If you’ve been looking for a budget friendly and yummy veggie pasta salad recipe, this is it. You’ll want to pin this recipe now. You can enjoy this for Easter, Mother’s Day, the Fourth of July, or any other fun occasion.
Be sure to tag me and use the hashtag #eatingglutenanddairyfree when you post one of my recipes on Instagram. I love, love, love seeing your food pics.
Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for the best of everything eating gluten and dairy free. And be sure to sign up for my excusive emails below.
Eat well and feel well,
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 3 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 12 oz box gluten free dry pasta several brands work see suggestions in the post
- ½ zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 bell peppers, diced into small pieces
- 2½ c broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- half red onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 8 oz bottle gluten and dairy free Italian dressing Primal Kitchen brand tastes great
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- optional: carrots, bacon bits, pepperoni slices, dairy free Parmesan cheese
- Place water and 1 tbsp oil in a large pot; follow directions on the box of pasta noodles. Cook until slightly underdone.
- Drain and rinse gluten free pasta noodles over cold water then set aside.
- Meanwhile prep veggies and place 2 tbsp oil in a large heated stove top pan. Place diced peppers, zucchini, and broccoli in pan and saute for a few minutes. Add in onion, garlic, olives, tomatoes, and seasonings, Saute to your level of doneness; I like my pasta salad veggies slightly crunchy in this cold, pasta salad.
- Once pasta and vegges are done combine in a large serving bowl and gently toss. Drizzle with dairy free Italian dressing and gently mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Top with dairy free Parmesan cheese and serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator up to a few hours. This salad is best the day of.
- If needed veggies can be prepped ahead 1-2 days.