This easy one-pot Lasagna Soup has the flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work. You’ll find your favorite Italian ingredients perfectly simmered and ready to serve with fresh basil and topped with a dollop of dairy free ricotta to add creaminess to this soup.
Made in just one pot, the flavors of this soup are comforting and delicious. This go-to recipe is one of my all-time favorites.
And it’s one of the easiest soup recipes using lots of pantry staples. Can you see why it’s enjoyed frequently in our home?
With chunks of Italian sausage, ground beef, spinach, green bell pepper, diced onion and garlic combined with tender lasagna noodles, this meal is a standout.
Honestly– I could easily eat it once a week or more.
And I don’t think I’ve ever made it the same way twice.
Depending on what fresh ingredients we have on hand determines the extras in this soup such as spinach, mushroom’s, bell peppers.
Use your favorites including what you already have on hand.
lasagna soup ingredients + recipe notes
- ground beef
- ground Italian sausage— always double check the label, some brands add gluten to their sausage mix.
- fresh garlic
- green bell pepper— this is optional, though it adds lovely flavor to the soup
- tomato paste
- marinara sauce— Rao’s Marinara Sauce tastes delicious
- red pepper flakes
- dried parsley, oregano, and basil— double check your ground spices are gluten and dairy free
- chicken broth
- gluten free lasagna noodles— I use Tinkyada brown rice pasta “lasagne” found here. Jovial also sells a brown rice lasagna noodle.
- fresh spinach— optional, but this adds wonderful flavor
- salt and pepper
- optional— mushrooms, zucchini, fresh basil, and dairy free ricotta (soy free too). There are several homemade dairy free ricotta recipes on Pinterest too.
- there is no need to boil the lasagna noodles prior to placing them in the soup. Instead break the each noodle into 3-4 pieces, then drop into the soup as the recipe card directs, stirring occasionally.
- feel free to stir in your favorite dairy free cheese
- freezing this soup– you can easily prepare this soup ahead of time and freeze without the noodles, spinach, and cheese in a freezer safe container. When ready to serve, thaw soup in the refrigerator and reheat over the stove top. Add in noddles, spinach, and cheese as the recipe card directs.
- serve alongside warmed Udi’s French dinner rolls
more comfort food recipes
- yeast free cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting— soft, ooey gooey cinnamon rolls with no rise time. You’ll fall in love with this easy recipe and dairy free cream cheese frosting topping.
- crock-pot taco soup— this crock-pot soup is easy to make and full of taco flavor. Serve with a side of crunchy tortilla chips to complete the meal.
- potato corn chowder— cozy up to a big, warm bowl of this easy homemade chowder with tender potatoes, sweet corn, and crispy bacon
- taco tater tot skillet— this kid-approved recipe is a reader favorite. The flavors of this meal are mouthwatering.
side dish ideas
We enjoy this warm and cozy soup with hot, soft breadsticks right out of the oven.
Have you tried the heat and serve breadsticks from My Bread? Check them out here.
Drizzle melted dairy free butter over them and sprinkle with your favorite Italian herbs and garlic powder. I try to always have some of these stashed in my freezer for this soup. It’s the perfect meal combo along side steamed broccoli or green beans.
Another idea is the frozen French baguettes from Udi’s you can find in the frozen isle of grocery stores. Sliced and topped with butter these are heavenly too.
What readers think of this recipe
- Jamie on Instagram– “My family loved it.”
- LeighAnn on Facebook–“Made it. It’s incredible.”
Lasagna Soup is everything you love about traditional lasagna without all the work and in an easy soup form.
With spicy sausage and tender noodles, topped with creamy ricotta and fresh basil, everyone will love this meal.
You will find more easy and filling recipes on my website, not to mention safe gluten and dairy free recipes for every occasion and holiday.
And follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
I don’t want you to miss the best of eating gluten and dairy free. And you’ll find the option below to sign up for my exclusive emails.
Eat well and feel well,
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage check label for GF ingredients
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced optional
- 1 zucchini, diced optional
- 1 c fresh mushrooms, sliced optional
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 6 c chicken broth vegetable broth is optional
- 9 gluten free lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 c fresh spinach leaves optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional- dairy free cheese, a dairy free ricotta cheese dollop with each serving, fresh basil
- In a large stock pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef and sausage until browned. Drain grease.
- Add in onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in diced green bell pepper and other optional veggies– diced zucchini or sliced mushrooms.
- Then add in tomato paste, marinara sauce, spices, and broth.
- Now bring to a boil.
- Add in broken lasagna noodles and reduce heat to medium. Occasionally stir noodles.
- Just before noodles are tender to serve, 8-9 minutes, add in spinach and dairy free cheese of choice.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy free ricotta, and fresh basil.
- If desiring to make this ahead of time, freeze the soup without the noodles, spinach, and cheese in a freezer safe container. Then thaw soup in the refrigerator and reheat over the stove top when ready to serve. Add in noodles, spinach, and cheese as the recipe card directs.
This gluten and dairy free Lasagna Soup recipe was adapted and tweaked from a similar traditional recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch found here.