Here is a fudgy and chewy brownie, topped with a thick, creamy cheesecake layer and more brownie swirled into gorgeous marbled and addictive Cheesecake Brownies. This recipe tastes like two delicious dessert flavors in one.
There is no other way to say it– these gluten free, dairy free, and soy free Cheesecake Brownies are swirly, gooey, and irresistible.
Cut and serve with a cup of coffee, glass of cold dairy free chocolate milk, or even a mug of hot chocolate in the winter.
Gluten free and dairy free Cheesecake Brownies are a wonderful dessert mash up. Each bite is the perfect balance of fudgy brownie with cream cheese swirled in.
Our best tip for preparing these brownies is to have all your ingredients premeasured and the cream cheese mixture ready before melting the butter in our homemade fudgy brownie recipe. Another suggestion is to serve these brownies chilled by either baking them earlier in the day or even the night before and storing them covered in the refrigerator.
cheesecake brownie ingredients
- gluten and dairy free brownie mix— use our easy and delicious 8×8-inch homemade fudgy brownie recipe or your go-to for an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- dairy free cream cheese— room temperature; we use Kite Hill Regular Cream Cheese. They have a store locator on their website here.
- large egg— room temperature
- vanilla extract— we use the McCormick brand
- granulated sugar
- nonstick spray— grapeseed oil spray
- optional add-ins— 1/2 c. chopped nuts or dairy free chocolate chips to the brownie batter or sprinkled over the top of the marbled brownies before baking
- large saucepan
- assortment of measuring cups
- 8×8-inch baking dish— we use this Pyrex baking dish with a lid
- kitchen knife
- serving spatula— these make it super easy to grab square brownies and bars out of baking dishes
frequently asked questions
what brownie mix can we use
Our favorite brownie mix is on our website, Fudgy Brownies. With just a few simple ingredients, you will enjoy using this recipe over and over. And this brownie batter fits the 8×8-inch baking dish of this Cheesecake Brownie recipe perfectly.
You can also use your favorite brownie batter recipe or a store-bought brownie mix. The King Arthur brand offers a certified gluten free brownie mix; however, they do caution that there is a possibility of dairy cross-contamination during the manufacturing process.
what cream cheese is suggested
We use dairy free Kite Hill Plain Cream Cheese at room temperature for this recipe. One of their 8 oz containers works perfectly in this recipe. There are several other dairy free cream cheese brands available across the U.S. Again, using your favorite brand will ensure you love this recipe.
If you are preparing these brownies with traditional dairy ingredients, then use your favorite traditional cream cheese at room temperature.
can we leave cream cheese out overnight
No, you should not leave any kind of cream cheese out overnight because it will most likely spoil. This recipe calls for “room temperature” cream cheese. We suggest leaving it out 1-2 hours. For the recipe, dairy free cream cheese should be left out for 4 hours at the most.
can this be prepared and baked ahead of time
Yes, please do. We find the fudgy brownies are set and the thick cream cheese tastes better in this recipe after it has been chilled for a few hours or overnight.
If you want to serve these quicker, we recommend allowing brownies to cool completely before cutting with a serving spatula and serving.
how should this be stored
We suggest covering cooled brownies with a lid or wrapping tightly with plastic wrap and storing them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
can this recipe be frozen
We would suggest not freezing these brownies. Enjoy them fresh instead.
more dessert recipes you will love
- brownie cookies— all the best parts of a brownie in a cookie…the fudgy cake-like middle, chewy edges, and crackly crust
- nutter butter cookies— imagine a mouthwatering peanut butter buttercream frosting sandwiched between two soft, crispy-edged cookies loaded with delicious peanut butter flavor to form the ultimate Nutter Butter Cookie
- banana bread with cream cheesed frosting– overripe bananas in a quick bread recipe topped with a rich and creamy bakery-style cream cheese frosting. You can even add chocolate chips
- coffee blondies— falling somewhere between cookie bars and brownies, these blondies are soft, chewy, and the ultimate rich dessert
one pot dinner recipes
- lasagna skillet— full of delicious lasagna flavor without the hustle and bustle of a traditional lasagna
- sweet potato chili— this is a chili loaded with tender sweet potato chunks, seasoned ground beef, hearty kidney beans, delicate red bell peppers, loads of spices and endless garnishes like bacon crumbles, green onions, fresh chopped cilantro, and diced red onions
- potato corn chowder— our chowder is filled with chunks of wholesome Golden Yukon Potatoes, piles of sunshine-yellow sweet corn, and tidbits of your favorite crispy bacon crumbles in a recipe to enjoy year-round.
- taco tater tot skillet— here is a kid-approved one pan dinner that has so many delicious and hearty flavors.
We are so excited to share these Cheesecake Brownies with you, which are extra delicious and so pretty with the cream cheese marbled swirls across the top. There is no doubt this is an easy decadent dessert your family and friends will enjoy.
Did you know we have so many more recipes on our website– for breakfast, brunch, dinner, dessert, and even holidays too? So you won’t be stressing over what to fix for everyone anymore; we got you covered.
And go ahead and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. We don’t want you to miss the absolute best of eating gluten and dairy free.
Eat well and feel well,
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz dairy free cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- optional add-ins include ½ c chopped nuts or ½ c dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 8×8-inch gluten and dairy free brownie batter not baked
- Preheat according to brownie batter directions. Spray 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick spay; set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed. Scoop ⅓ c of batter out and set aside to use later.
- Transfer remaining brownie batter into the baking dish evenly. Then layer with cream cheese mixture.
- Next use a spoon to drop remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese. Using the tip of a knife, swirl the brownie and cream cheese mixture around to create a marbled effect.
- Bake according to the brownie batter instructions. You may need to increase the bake time by 2-3 minutes. Check the brownies with a toothpick– fudgy crumbs indicate the batter is too raw and needs more bake time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely for several hours. Cover and refrigerate.
Keep scrolling to sign up for our exclusive emails below.