If you’re a pumpkin lover– this recipe is perfect for you.
This rich Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese frosting is the best way to enjoy pumpkin this fall. You’ll definitely wanna grab your slice before this moist and festive bread is gone from the dessert table.
This bread is soft, moist, and flavored with yummy pumpkin and fall spices, topped with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting.
One of my favorite things about fall is all the pumpkin. And this recipe is a must in our home. We enjoy this for dessert AND for a breakfast as we head to work and school. Honestly the kids would eat this any time of the day.
pumpkin bread recipe ingredients
- all-purpose gluten free flour— Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Mix is used for this recipe; it does have xanthan gum in the blend
- xanthan gum— omit if your all-purpose gluten free flour has this
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- dairy free butter— my go-to is Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (soy free)
- canned pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- eggs— at room temperature
- vanilla extract
cream cheese frosting ingredients
- dairy free butter— Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (soy free); do not melt the butter for this frosting.
- dairy free cream cheese— Kite Hill Cream Cheese (soy free)
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- optional— chopped walnuts
- allow the pumpkin bread to cool completely before frosting, the bread can be baked and cooled overnight
- place the cream cheese frosting in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before icing the bread
- using an angled icing spatula, frosting this bread is easy peasy
bonus delicious fall recipes
- pumpkin cookies— these cookies with cream cheese frosting melt in your mouth. They’re one of our fall favorites and a must on the Thanksgiving dessert table.
- creamy mashed potatoes— this classic recipe is whipped perfectly to complement any main dish.
- homemade sloppy joes— this is the perfect quick and filling meal to make for your family during the busy school year.
Serve a cup of coffee or warm apple cider with slices of this moist pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. It’s the perfect after dinner dish or for breakfast on the go.
This is a fall recipe you wanna get your hands on and bake. It’s truly a fall must.
You’ll find so.many.more fall recipes on my website– including recipes for Thanksgiving. Let this website be your one-stop place for all your Thanksgiving needs.
Eat well and feel well,
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Bread Loaf
- 1¾ c gluten free all purpose flour see suggestions in post
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour blend has this)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ c dairy free butter, melted 1 stick suggestions in the post
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ c dairy free butter, room temperature ½ stick
- 4 oz dairy free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ c powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- optional– chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease all sides of a 9"x5" loaf pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum (omit if not needed), pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and melted butter. Add the granulated and brown sugar. Stir until well combined with no lumps.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 60-64 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean in the middle.
- Allow pumpkin bread to cool completely before removing to a wire rack before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Then place the powdered sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl and cream until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Using an angled spatula ice the top of the pumpkin bread with a thick layer of frosting. Then top with chopped walnuts.