Let me introduce you to the newest trending cake theme. The Sprinkle Birthday Cake. And guess what makes this gorgeous cake even more magical?
The taste. Can you believe a store bought cake mix frosted with dreamy vanilla buttercream frosting, topped with decadent chocolate ganache drizzle and sprinkles can make for the most magical birthday cake ever?
Yes, it can and it’s all gluten and dairy free.
Keep reading while I walk you step by step through this sprinkle birthday cake tutorial. This cake comes together easily so you’ll have plenty of time to decorate, clean the house, and put your feet up before the big par-tay.
sprinkle birthday cake ingredients
- first you’ll need 2 gluten and dairy free cake box mixes and required ingredients. You will have leftover mix for a handful of cupcakes. Cake mix recommendation- for years my family has enjoyed the King Arthur Gluten Free Cake mixes. They come in chocolate and vanilla. A money saving tip is to watch Amazon for sales. At times Amazon has these mixes at screaming cheap prices if you buy in bulk (6 mixes).
- next gluten and dairy free vanilla buttercream frosting. You will find an easy to follow buttercream frosting recipe on my website here. Prepare yourself for how delectable dairy free frosting can taste.
- chocolate ganache is a must-have treat on this cake. Click here for the mouthwatering two ingredient recipe.
- and top with lotsa fun and bright colored sprinkles. Personally I purchase most of my sprinkles from the brand Sweets Indeed. No doubt you will find themed sprinkles to perfectly fit any celebration. You can also purchase them on Amazon.
- lastly if you’re looking to purchase solid, puffy gold number candles these look beautiful on cakes. And for a cake such as this I definitely prefer a bit more classy candle.
sprinkle birthday cake supplies
- cake pans, 6 inch pans can be found here
- cake plate or cake board, 6 inch cake boards here
- disposable frosting bags
- large 1 A round decorating tip for piping frosting in between the layers
- a closed star tip or tip of your choice to pipe bottom edging of cake. Or decorate with sprinkles.
- turntable cake stand for easy icing and decorating
- cake scraper & smoother (helpful hint- warm the cake scrapper with hot water and dry off just before using. It will help smooth the frosting)
- offset spatula
more gluten + dairy free birthday cake themes
- ice cream cone cake your loved one will remember forever; follow this easy tutorial for a fun and delicious birthday cake
- chocolate bundt cake for any birthday or holiday celebration. This cake is moist, fudgy, and tastes so chocolaty.
- motorcross cake perfect for anyone who loves bikes or motocross
- buttercream frosting try this once and it will be your new go-to frosting… for everything
Considering all the above you can’t go wrong with this trendy sprinkle birthday cake. It’s everything you need to wish your loved one the best happy birthday. And don’t forget this cake doesn’t just look absolutely amazing, it tastes rich, moist, and decadent too.
And would you do me a favor? If you found this tutorial and recipe helpful, would you please leave me a 5-star rating and hit the Pinterest “save” button? Thank you.
You will find more gluten and dairy free recipes for every occasion on my website. Click here.
Eat well and feel well,
Sprinkle Birthday Cake
- 2 gluten & dairy free cake mixes plus batter ingredients
- 6 c dairy free buttercream frosting recipe link in post
- 1½ c dairy free chocolate ganache recipe link in post
- gluten and dairy free sprinkles
- Follow cake mix instructions and bake three, 6 inch cakes. There will be batter left over for extra cupcakes or you can bake a 4th tier to the cake. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare dairy free buttercream frosting. Prep frosting in a disposable bag with a large 1 A round tip.
- Make the dairy free chocolate ganache and set aside to slightly thicken.
- After cakes have cooled, remove from cake pans. Place first cake on a cake plate and pipe frosting over the top of the cake. Smooth frosting with an offset spatula. Now place the second cake on top and repeat frosting. Then place the 3rd tier cake on top.
- Crumb coat the entire 3 tier cake using frosting, a cake scrapper, and an offset spatula. Keep in mind this is a thin layer of frosting only meant to conceal cake crumbs.
- Next frost the entire cake and refrigerate if able. It's best for the ganache if the cake is cold.
- After the cake has refrigerated for 30-40 minutes, remove and drizzle with chocolate ganache.
- Generously add sprinkles and allow ganache frosting to set.
- Lastly add final piping of your choosing to bottom of cake or add sprinkles.