You need this mouthwatering, perfect chocolate ganache in your life. Prepare to swoon over this decadent sauce. It's fair to say it's
delicious melts in your mouth.
This means you will want to use it a number of ways such as a dipping sauce, cake frosting, donut glaze, and more. Trust me when I say this is your new go-to recipe.
In fact only 2 simple ingredients are keeping you from living your best life.
Picture yourself enjoying a slice of cake with this rich frosting. Or dipping your waffles into warm, decadent ganache sauce.
You'll never want maple syrup with your waffles again, now that you're Team Ganache.
And let's not stop there... did you know this perfect chocolate ganache recipe makes the best donut icing?
So what's not to swoon about? There is no simpler way to indulge than with this chocolate ganache.
And let's be clear -- if you're going to indulge, then go all the way.
Don't deprive yourself and loved ones from this food luxury. Using this sauce in your recipes will definitely up your food game.
Speaking of which, let's consider more ways to enjoy this mouthwatering sauce.
ways to use this chocolate ganache
- serve this with a fruit platter for the ultimate fruit dip
- combine with homemade churros for an amazing dessert
- frost your next cake with whipped ganache frosting
- add this as a layer in your homemade ice cream cake
- keep in mind this tastes wonderful layered in a trifle
- enjoy the best breakfast dipping waffles and pancakes into this warm, mouthwatering sauce
- serve it as a top layer in a chocolate tart
- don't forget this is the best tasting cupcake icing
- imagine this as chocolate fondue... it's decadent
- and there are more wonderful ways to use the ganache
Y'all, this recipe is too easy. And judging by the taste your family and friends will imagine you spent hours perfecting this ganache.
That's alright -- no one needs to know it only took you 10 minutes to prepare this ganache.
recommended chocolate ganache ingredient brands:
- dairy free dark chocolate morsels-- we recommend Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips and Nestle Toll House Simply Delicious Dark Chocolate Morsels. I find some brands sell a 10oz bag and others a 9oz bag; either works. This recipe isn't that picky. You can also experiment with semi-sweet morsels to see what you like best.
- coconut cream-- we prefer Let's Do... Organic Heavy Coconut Cream. This is really thick and amazing. Other traditional coconut creams work well too, though they will require more time to thicken.
ganache icing tips
- if you're new to the ganache scene, keep in mind ganache thickens as it cools. Always consider what you're using the ganache for so you have an idea what thickness you want.
- from experience have your cake or cupcakes chilled before frosting. It helps the ganache set better.
- if you prefer long, thin ganache drips on your cake, glaze the cake after the ganache has only slightly cooled.
- however if you'd like a thicker and chunky drip (my favorite look), let the ganache become almost room temperature.
- you can use a spoon or squeeze bottle to add the drip drizzle around the edges of your cake. My personal preference is using the squeeze bottle.
- ganache can last 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- if you're using it to frost cupcakes or a cake, I'd suggest allowing the ganache to harden in the refrigerator, then whipping it with a hand mixer.
- for donuts-- allow this ganache to be quite thick before dipping donuts into. Ours usually sets for one to two hours before it's ready. For the Double Chocolate Donut recipe on our website, we use half of this recipe to top 6 large donuts.
recipes using this ganache topping
- double chocolate donuts-- these are our favorite donuts! They're so moist, chocolatey, and decadent with this ganache frosting and sprinkles.
- chocolate bundt cake-- here's your homemade cake recipe with ganache drizzle. This gluten and dairy free cake amazes friends and family.
- dessert charcuterie board-- wait until you've checked out all the yummy treats on this dessert board. And the ganache dipping sauce is the most talked about on the board.
- sprinkle birthday cake-- you have to check out this gorgeous cake you can make and decorate at home using this ganache recipe
- oreo ice cream cake-- has the most delicious chocolate ganache top layer. It not only looks gorgeous, but also tastes amazing!
more dessert recipes you'll love
- cookies and cream parfait-- this layered dessert mixture is decadent and dreamy. Loaded with flavor, this is a must-try.
- monster cookies-- these cookies have all your favorites. You'll find oats, chocolate morsels, peanut butter, and chocolate candies in every bite
- walnut brownie sundae-- in a skillet. Grab spoons and dig into this amazing gluten and dairy free dessert.
- puppy chow-- is perfect for school parties, family game night, or any other special occasion. This is a family favorite.
Can you believe all the delicious uses for this chocolate ganache? This is a must pin recipe. Then this recipe will be at your fingertips for your next party or brunch.
Lastly once you've tried this perfect chocolate ganache you will agree it tastes rich and decadent. Every bit will melt in your mouth, making you only want more.
I look forward to hearing in the comments all the different ways you've used this ganache. Did you frost a birthday cake with it? Or maybe you used it for a waffle dip? Let me know below.
Follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to like and comment often so our posts keep showing up in your feed. We'd hate for you to miss the best of eating gluten and dairy free.
Eat well and feel well,
The Perfect Chocolate Ganache
- 9 or 10 oz bag dark chocolate morsels
- 13.5 oz can heavy coconut cream
- Place dark chocolate morsels in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Pour heavy coconut cream into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from stove top right before cream begins to boil.
- Pour heated coconut cream over morsels and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Let your ganache set and cool until it's the thickness you desire.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3-4 days.