This is an unbelievably easy, no-fuss, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker copyct recipe. Imagine rich chocolate dipped salty crackers, stuffed with creamy peanut butter. They’re so good, you’ll want to make a double batch because these treats won’t last long. As a sweet and salty snack– they’re truly the best of both worlds.
You’ll find this no-bake recipe is perfect for your Christmas plans. I love making a double batch and placing them on a pretty Christmas plate or adding them to a cookie and snack platter to share. No one guesses this recipe is even gluten and dairy free, so everyone can enjoy it.
In addition– this recipe is so kid friendly to make. Kids loooove helping in the kitchen with this recipe from laying out the crackers to spreading the peanut butter. And it’s fun to hear my oldest volunteer to melt the chocolate and do all the dipping.
chocolate peanut butter Ritz cracker ingredients + notes
- gluten and dairy free crackers— The crackers we used to use now contain milk. Another reminder how important it is to check the labels even on brands you’ve used for years. Instead, we recommend using this brand that is certified gluten free and dairy free too. My kids enjoy these as crackers, even the broken crackers in the box too. This cracker brand does possibly contain soy per there allergen statement.
- creamy peanut butter— almond butter works well too
- dairy free chocolate chips— Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips or Nestle Toll House Simply Delicious semi-sweet morsels sold at stores like Wal-Mart.
- angled spatula— I use this kitchen tool all the time! And it makes spreading the peanut butter so easy.
- this recipe is not only gluten and dairy free, it’s also egg free if you use the brands mentioned above.
more Christmas time recipes
- chocolate peppermint cookies— these cookies have the perfect balance of chocolate and peppermint. These are a Christmas must.
- chocolate kiss cookies— just like traditional Christmas kiss cookies, these are perfect for any dessert or cookie patter.
- puppy chow— here is our family’s traditional Christmastime treat. We like it so much we enjoy it year round too.
- softest sugar cookies— this easy, cookie cutter cookie dough tastes delicious and is easy to work with
Add this no-fuss recipe to your Christmas to-do list. Without a doubt these chocolate peanut butter Ritz crackers have become a safe dessert tradition along side soft sugar cookies, puppy chow, and chocolate peppermint cookies.
Christmas time is meant to be enjoyed and celebrated. Don’t let gluten and dairy keep you from enjoying the festivites.
Follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to keep up with the best of eating gluten and dairy free this holiday season.
Eat well and feel well,
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies
- 60 gluten and dairy free crackers suggestion in post
- ⅓ c creamy peanut butter almond butter works too
- 1½ c dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips suggestions in post
- ¼ tsp coconut oil, optional
- optional- sprinkle the tops with sea salt flakes
- Place parchment paper over a large baking sheet. Then place 30 crackers on baking sheet.
- With an angled spatula spread peanut butter over crackers. Then top with remaining crackers.
- Melt dairy free chocolate in the microwave on low power, stirring often, or over the stove top on low.
- After the chocolate has melted, drop the sandwich cracker into the chocolate. Using two forks maneuver the peanut butter crackers in the chocolate to completely cover in chocolate.
- Lift the sandwich cracker out with a fork and scrape chocolate excess off against the bowl.
- Transfer chocolate dipped Ritz cracker onto parchment paper to set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to a week.
Monday 19th of October 2020
DELICIOUS WOWWW! CONGRATULATIONS!
Wednesday 21st of October 2020
Thank you, Anastasia! I'm so glad you enjoyed these. Jill