This creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream is a sure way to enjoy the change of seasons. And it doesn't matter if the weather is still hot or has that Autumn chill in the air. This dreamy ice cream recipe is cool and refreshing-- just like a slice of pumpkin pie.
Honestly, this pumpkin ice cream recipe with spiced ginger and cinnamon is an absolute fall must. If you've never tried it before and you're feeling on the fence... give this 4-ingredient recipe a try. You'll enjoy this no-churn recipe that is easily mixed and freezer-ready in minutes.
I was first introduced to pumpkin ice cream at the elementary age. I don't recall who got me to try it-- it must have been either a double dare by a classmate or at my grandmother's request, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. As a kid I was ridiculously picky about my food. And I know there is no way I would've tried it "on my own." But one lick of pumpkin ice cream and I was hooked for life.
We enjoyed it every fall-- matter of fact my fall wasn't complete as a kid if I didn't have at least one pumpkin ice cream cone from Fashion Farm Fantasyland, a local restaurant in northern Indiana with a unique fall pumpkin display.
Undoubtedly, I look forward to making this recipe every year. And once you try it-- you will be hooked too.
pumpkin ice cream recipe notes
- dairy free ice cream-- So Delicious Very Vanilla Cashew Ice Cream is also egg free and soy free
- pumpkin-- canned or fresh tastes wonderful
- optional-- top with a dusting of nutmeg
- another reason this recipe is great-- it can be prepared well in advance or the day of; it just needs a couple hours to freeze
- this recipe can easily be doubled for more servings
- serve this pumpkin ice cream in cones-- Joy Cones sells gluten and dairy free sugar cones with the flat bottom here. And sugar ice cream cones with the pointy bottom here. The Joy brand, which does contain soy, has a thorough allergen statement here.
more fall recipes you'll love
- soft pumpkin cookies-- these melt in your mouth cookies topped with dairy free cream cheese have all the fall feels to make you feel warm and cozy.
- Halloween trail mix-- wow, have you checked out this outrageously fun mix of puppy chow, candy corns, pretzels, and oreo-like cookies? You gotta pin this recipe and make bowl.
- and all the Thanksgiving Day recipes you need such as creamy mashed potatoes, sweet potato bake, smoked turkey and brine, crock-pot stuffing, and several dishes for the dessert table such as these butter tarts and pecan pie bars.
Pumpkin Ice Cream is an easy homemade recipe that tastes just like a slice of pumpkin pie. So no matter whether the weather is still warm or chilled-- this rich and creamy dessert is perfect for fall. Everyone loves this creamy dessert.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below in the comments.
And follow along on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. You will enjoy the best of everything gluten and dairy free has to offer.
Eat well and feel well,
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 2 pints dairy free vanilla ice cream
- 1⅓ c canned pumpkin or fresh
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ice cream on the countertop to soften.
- In a large bowl, place the pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger; mix well.
- Once the ice cream is softened, fold it into the pumpkin mixture until there are no lumps.
- Transfer the pumpkin ice cream into a 9"x5" bread pan and place in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- For serving-- remove from freezer and allow to soften for 5-10 minutes before scooping to serve.