This Cherry Dessert Pizza is a little slice of heaven– imagine cherry topping bursting with robust cherry flavor alongside a buttery streusel topping and sweet drizzle. This dessert pizza is commonly found at pizza buffets like Pizza Ranch and Cici’s Pizza. Since those are a bold no-go I just had to make my own for our family pizza nights. Then I soon found that we enjoyed this cherry dessert pizza so much we started baking it much more often than just pizza nights!
This mouthwatering and one of a kind cherry dessert recipe requires minimal ingredients and is ridiculously easy to prepare. How can you go wrong with this dessert?
Plan to bake and serve this now for your next gathering, BBQ, holiday, game night or family pizza night. Everyone will be glad you did!
And this is a recipe the kids can help prepare too! So grab the cherry filling and let’s get our bake on. Prepare to have your house smell amazingly yummy in the process.
cherry dessert pizza recipe tips
- cherry pie filling— Lucky Leaf Gluten Free Cherry Pie Filling
- dessert pizza crust–any thin pizza dough crust will work. Etalia Naked Nudo Pizza Dough or Banza Plain Pizza Crust made from chickpeas are my favorite store bought crusts. If you use The Nudo pizza crust be sure to follow the baking tips on their website and using 1 1/2 c cherry pie filling as these crusts are nice a large. The Banza crust is slightly smaller and will use just 1 can of cherry pie filling. Either way bake your cherry dessert pizza according to the box pizza crust instructions. If you have questions please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on social media. This recipe is absolutely delicious and worth any pizza crust.
- streusel topping— I recommend this gluten free flour and dairy free butter
- drizzle— this an optional step that can be added when serving this dessert for an extra “WOW!” factor
- helpful utensils for this recipe– angled spatula, mini squeeze bottles… I know, I know, I highlight these two utensils in almost every post, but that’s because I use both all.the.time.
more gluten + dairy free dessert recipes
- strawberry rhubarb crumble— this is one of our favorite spring and summertime desserts. Serve with a scoop of dairy free ice cream for a total dessert win.
- mini blueberry galette— these taste absolutely amazing with fresh blueberries in a rustic mini pie form.
- homemade brownie bites— topped with creamy whipped topping and fresh seasonal fruit. No one will guess this is gluten and dairy free
This Cherry Dessert Pizza truly is a slice of heaven. You’ll swoon over this cherry topping bursting with robust cherry flavor, buttery streusel topping and sweet drizzle. Who’s ready for a slice?! It’s a dream dessert pizza!
You’ll find so many more dessert recipes on my website too. Actually there are recipes for every occasion and holiday on my website just for you– all gluten and dairy free. So would you please do me a favor and leave a 5 star review and comment if you feel these recipes are deserving? Thank you!
Eat well and feel well,
Cherry Dessert Pizza
- ¼ c gluten free flour see suggestions in the post
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter, softened
- 1 gluten and dairy free pizza crust see post for pizza crust recommendations
- 1-1½ 20 oz cans gluten free Lucky Leaf Cherry Fruit and Filling toppings depends on side of pizza crust
- ½ c powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk unsweetened almond milk works great
- Preheat oven according to crust instructions. Bake pizza on bottom rack, remove other racks from the oven.
- In a medium size bowl mix all streusel ingredients with a pastry cutter. When mixture is in small balls set aside.
- Evenly spread the cherry topping across the pizza crust with an angled cake spatula.
- Then with your fingers spread the streusel across the cherry dessert pizza.
- And then place into the oven. Follow baking instructions for the pizza crust. Remove the dessert pie from the oven when the cherry pie is bubbly and crust starts to look golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. This allows the pizza to set.
- Lastly prepare the drizzle and place into a mini squeeze bottle. Drizzle evenly over the cherry dessert pizza.
- Serve to guests warm. Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.