This ooey gooey S’mores Pizza is a dessert packed full of melted semi-sweet chocolate and toasted golden brown mini marshmallows over a chewy graham cracker crust. You’ll be able to enjoy a taste of summer year-round without the worry of a fire pit or having to plan a camping trip.
You’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven with every bite of this melty chocolate s’mores treat. It looks like the best pizza you’ve ever seen.
This recipe is so easy to make and even more fun to eat with just a few basic ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
It’s hard to imagine something without gluten, dairy, and soy can taste so good. But here we are.
You’ll find this recipe calls for simple ingredients already stocked in your pantry. Check out the ingredients now and make a list of anything you need.
s’mores pizza ingredients
- dairy free butter— our go-to is Earth Balance Buttery sticks; the red box is soy free
- brown sugar— packed
- granulated sugar
- eggs— room temperature
- vanilla extract— this brand is gluten free
- gluten free graham cracker crumbs— Kinnikinnick Graham Style Crumbs is our best recommendation; scroll below for more options
- gluten free all-purpose flour— spooned and leveled. Our favorite is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. We purchase it in bulk here to save money.
- xanthan gum— omit if your all-purpose flour contains xanthan gum in the blend
- baking soda— this loses its potency after being opened for 6 months. We always suggest labeling a new box when opened up
- dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips— we recommend either Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chunks, Mini Chips or Nestle Toll House Allergen Free Semi-Sweet Morsels. We purchase the Nestle Toll House morsels at Walmart.
- mini marshmallows— Dandies Vegan Mini Marshmallows are a dairy and gluten free option. Trader Joe’s marshmallows are labeled gluten free and vegan; see their statement here. Scroll below for more suggestions.
- melted dairy free chocolate chips— for the drizzle effect we melt more dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional— garnish the top of your s’mores pizza with additional graham cracker crumbs
- pizza pan— we use these 12-inch pizza pans for much more than pizza recipes. Scroll below to find more of our favorite recipes we use with these pans. Or you can also use a 9×13-inch baking pan; adjust bake time as needed.
- parchment paper— this makes spreading the graham cracker crust into the pizza pan much easier and less messy. Plastic wrap and saran wrap also work.
- squeeze bottle— we use these mini squeeze bottles to drizzle melted chocolate evenly across the top of the s’mores pizza. We use them all the time in our kitchen and we’ve been using the same bottles for years. A small spoon can also be used to drizzle the chocolate if a bottle isn’t available.
- pie serving spatula— these are great to have on hand for serving desserts like this one
more topping ideas include
are traditional graham cracker crumbs gluten free
No, they are not. There are a some wonderful safe substitutes. First, Kinnikinnick sells allergen friendly graham style cracker crumbs (a 100% gluten free facility free of several other top 9 allergens). They also offer graham crackers you can pulse in your food processor to make fine crumbs. Schar produces Honeygrams in a dedicated gluten free facility that could also be pulsed to crumbs in a food processor. However some products do contain dairy. Note their honeygrams contain soy.
what marshmallows are safe to use
Dandies is known as a safe gluten and dairy free mini marshmallow. Others have successfully used the Trader Joe’s marshmallows, and the Great Value mini marshmallows found at Walmart. We have not tried the TJ or GV products, and we don’t have information on manufacturing processes for either.
can I make this ahead of time
This recipe is best when enjoyed fresh out of the oven while the chocolate and mini marshmallows are warm, melted and ooey gooey. However, leftovers can be covered, refrigerated, and reheated slice by slice.
more recipes using this pizza pan
- giant chocolate chip cookie— enjoy this huge cookie loaded with warm chocolate chips as it is out of the oven or add buttercream frosting for bonus flavor and decoration
- fruit pizza— add pizazz to the dessert table with this colorful, sweet pizza. You’ll love the soft sugar cookie crust topped with your favorite fruit.
easy weeknight recipes the whole family will love
- lasagna soup— here’s our go-to back to school and winter soup recipe. You’ll enjoy easy meal prep and clean up with this one-pot soup with bold Italian flavor and everyone’s favorite gluten free lasagna noodles.
- grilled teriyaki chicken— serve this meal with fresh grilled pineapple rings and sweet mini peppers for a healthy meal packed full of flavor and tender slices of marinated chicken
- creamy ricotta stuffed shells— this giant stuffed pasta shell recipe is so delicious and creamy, your family is sure to enjoy it
- oriental chicken salad— enjoy our copycat Applebee’s salad recipe with fresh, crunchy greens, shredded carrots, chicken, toasted almonds, and an amazing oriental dressing drizzled over the top
- mini chicken pot pies— bite after bite, this meal is ultra cozy and comforting with a flakey crust and delicious veggie and chicken filling
The best part of this delicious dessert S’mores Pizza is it can be enjoyed year-round! And you won’t believe how ooey gooey each slice is.
Enjoy this recipe at summer BBQ’s, pool parties, baby showers, over Thanksgiving weekend, during the Super Bowl festivities, or any other reason you can think of. Trust me– pin this recipe now so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
And did you know you’ll find recipes for every occasion and holiday on our website?! Go ahead and snoop around. Find new recipes for the upcoming week.
Follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to like and comment often so our posts keep showing up in your scroll.
We don’t want you to miss out on the best of eating gluten and dairy free.
Eat well and feel well,
Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ c dairy free butter, room temperature suggestion in post
- ½ c brown sugar packed
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c gluten free graham cracker crumbs suggestions in post
- 1 c gluten free all-purpose flour spooned and leveled, suggestion in post
- ½ tsp xanthan gum omit if your all-purpose flour blend contains this
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ c dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips suggestion in post
- 3 c mini marshmallows suggestion in post
- ¾ c melted dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ c optional– graham cracker crumbs for sprinkling across the top of the melted chocolate
- bonus topping ideas– crushed peanuts, sliced strawberries, No Whey Foods No No's, gluten free crushed Oreo cookie crumbs, or dairy free melted caramel.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-inch round pizza pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or handheld mixer, combine the butter and sugars until well mixed. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then slowly add into the mixer and combine. Scrape down the bowl as needed with a spatula.
- Place graham cracker crust batter on the pizza pan and top with parchment paper. Spread the dough evenly across the pan with your hand pushing on the nonstick paper. Remove the paper and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. The dough will fluff up while in the oven and fall once removed. The dough might still be a little soft in the middle and that's fine. It will return to the oven soon.
- After transferring the pizza pan to a cooling rack place chocolate chips and mini marshmallows evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Transfer back to the oven at 350°F until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown.
- While the S'mores Pizza is in the oven a second time, melt chocolate chips either in the microwave or over the stove top, on low heat, stirring often.
- Remove the dessert pizza from the oven and drizzle melted chocolate over the top with a mini squeeze bottle or spoon.
- Sprinkle extra crushed graham crackers over the S'mores Pizza if desired.
- Allow to set for 10 minutes, then cut into either 12 triangles or squares and serve.
- This dessert is best when enjoyed right out of the oven. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Reheat before serving
Sign up below for our excusive emails.